1.01.2014

Green Lemonade Bottle Inspired Baby Blanket



I just love granny squares. They're so simple and cute. And I'm also very fascinated with the idea of using color palettes from pictures as my color inspiration. This is the inspiration for this blanket. 
Sold January 31st on Etsy


I like working with motifs because I can make a blanket in sections and stack them as I go. Somehow, it feels like I'm getting my project done a little faster. 49 cute little squares patiently waiting to become a blanket.

 

I've found that knitting looms are a great way to block squares. I just give them a spritz of water and let them dry. Although, some of the looms don't have and equal amount of pegs so sometimes they come out a little funny shaped.


I used a 5 mm crochet hook and Caron 1 Pound worsted weight yarn.





 This baby blanket is a crocheted in a granny square motif, in salmon, mint green, sky blue and smokey grey. It measures 33 inches by 33 inches. The yarn is 100 % Acrylic and soft. A perfect throw blanket for the stroller or crib. You can wash it on delicate cycle or hand wash and hang to dry.